Yes, we can.
After the recent WannaCry ransomware virus attack forms a near variant called Petya and backup Mischa. Currently, it is spreading very rapidly through the countries of Ukraine, Russia, Spain, and France. The virus is delivered via email containing a Dropbox link or attachment. Apple iOS and Android operating systems are not affected by this virus.
Here are a few steps to ensure you are protected from the Petya ransomware worm:
- Verify the sender of the dropbox attachment sent to you via email.
- If using XP or Server 2000/2003 — upgrade immediately.
- Enable Automatic Updates within Windows Update in your control panel.
- Ensure your computer is up to date.
Feel free to contact us if you would rather have us protect your computer from the new Petya ransomware virus.
Yes, we can.
The world is in panic mode after the recent WannaCry ransomware virus attack. This virus applies to non-patched (non-updated) Microsoft XP, Server 2000, Server 2003, Server 2008/R2, Server 2012/R2, Server 2016, Vista, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems. It does not affect Apple based products such as Mac.
Here are a few steps to ensure you are protected from the WannaCry worm:
- If using XP or Server 2000/2003 — upgrade immediately
- Enable Automatic Updates within Windows Update in your control panel
- Check your Update History by visiting Windows Update in your control panel and searching for these Microsoft preventative updates:
- Vista: KB4012598
- Server 2008: KB4012598
- Server 2008 R2: KB4012212 -or- KB4012215
- Server 2012: KB4012214 -or- KB4012217 -or- KB4012213 -or- KB4012216
- Server 2016: KB4013429
- Windows 7: KB4012212 -or- KB4012215
- Windows 8.1: KB4012213 -or- KB4012216
- Windows 10: KB4012606 -or- KB4013198 -or- KB4013429
Visit this link for more information
Feel free to contact us if you would rather have us protect your Windows based PC from this virus.
We will begin by making a free consultation with you at the location and build a scope of what’s needed. There are a variety of Managed IT Service for Business packages for you to choose from. They may include complete tech inventory, on-site and remote tech service monthly allowance, phone tech support, email tech support, computer server administration and network support, and business website maintenance or design.
We can certainly provide business wireless wifi support and residential wireless wifi setup and network troubleshooting. We begin by checking your Wireless Router or WiFi Access Point performance to eliminate possible wireless hardware issues. If no issues found, we begin scanning your physical area(s) to check and fix wifi interference or wireless signal obstructions.
I need to purchase computers and equipment for my new business but they are expensive. Can you help save me money?
New startup’s make this mistake all the time. Even though we offer new computer sales and network equipment sales, we never recommend purchasing new during business start up. We offer slightly used equipment and/or refurbished computer sales at a fraction of the cost of new and we are a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher.
We provide several hard drive erase methods for you to choose from. If you’re not sure which one, we can choose for you. After completed, we provide you with a Certificate that contains several technical details for company or individual archiving.