Yes, we can.
After the recent WannaCry ransomware virus attack forms a near variant called Petya and backup Mischa. Currently, it is spreading very rapidly through the countries of Ukraine, Russia, Spain, and France. The virus is delivered via email containing a Dropbox link or attachment. Apple iOS and Android operating systems are not affected by this virus.
Here are a few steps to ensure you are protected from the Petya ransomware worm:
- Protect yourself by using the latest version of Malwarebytes for Home or Business
- Verify the sender of the dropbox attachment sent to you via email.
- If using XP or Server 2000/2003 — upgrade immediately.
- Enable Automatic Updates within Windows Update in your control panel.
- Ensure your computer is up to date.
Feel free to contact us if you would rather have us protect your computer from the new Petya ransomware virus.