Yes, we can.
The world is in panic mode after the recent WannaCry ransomware virus attack. This virus applies to non-patched (non-updated) Microsoft XP, Server 2000, Server 2003, Server 2008/R2, Server 2012/R2, Server 2016, Vista, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems. It does not affect Apple based products such as Mac.
Here are a few steps to ensure you are protected from the WannaCry worm:
- If using XP or Server 2000/2003 — upgrade immediately
- Protect yourself by using the latest version of Malwarebytes for Home or Business
- Enable Automatic Updates within Windows Update in your control panel
- Check your Update History by visiting Windows Update in your control panel and searching for these Microsoft preventative updates:
- Vista: KB4012598
- Server 2008: KB4012598
- Server 2008 R2: KB4012212 -or- KB4012215
- Server 2012: KB4012214 -or- KB4012217 -or- KB4012213 -or- KB4012216
- Server 2016: KB4013429
- Windows 7: KB4012212 -or- KB4012215
- Windows 8.1: KB4012213 -or- KB4012216
- Windows 10: KB4012606 -or- KB4013198 -or- KB4013429
Visit this link for more information
Feel free to contact us if you would rather have us protect your Windows based PC from this virus.